Lemon Love

"When life gives you lemons...ENJOY"

Lemon was one of the first essential oils I started using on a regular basis.  This oil came in my starter kit with Young Living.  I had read that lemon has great detoxing properties for your body.  For about 2 months I have been taking capsules with a lemon and peppermint combo to loose a few pounds and help me keep it off.  I've been pretty successful keeping at least 5 pounds off so far. Through this process I believe lemon has helped leveled the ph levels of my body and boosted my immune system and helped me avoid getting any of the colds that have been going around this Winter.


Everyday Uses you might like to try...
* Put a drop or 2 in a glass of water or tea for flavor.
* Use a couple drops in water to clean fruits and vegetables before eating.
* Add a drop to a spoon of honey for a cough or sore throat.  Effective method for children.
* Diffuse for a pick-me-up.
* Rub lemon essential oil on callouses to support healing. 
* Rub a drop to remove sticky residue on surfaces.  
* Use in your skin care routine for oily skin and hair. 
* Use to add flavor to recipes....lemon frosting, lemon bars, lemon meringue, lemonade. 
* Add a drop to water and drink to neutralize heartburn.
* Add a few drops to your laundry or dishes for a fresh scent.
* Use a drop to disinfect toothbrush.

Lemon Coconut Frosting
Here is a fun recipe using lemon that I came up with.  Great sweet little treat to pair with strawberries.  You could certainly use milk or shortening/butter, but I wanted the true coconut flavor paired with the lemon.  




The recipe made about 3/4 of a cup of frosting.  Mine turned out a little think, but you could always add more milk to thin if you wanted more a glaze frosting.  Also may depend on the room temperature of your coconut oil. You could double/triple if you wanted to frost a cake or cupcakes, but this amount was sufficient for a sweet little side for fruit.

A couple of things to note when using citrus oils.  
When mixing with water you always want to use a glass container.  Since citrus oils draw out toxins, when using plastic containers, citrus oils can pull out toxins from plastic and break down your container.  

Avoid using on skin if you are going to be in direct contact with sunlight or UV rays.

Leave a comment and let us know how you would use lemon essential oil!

If you would like to learn more about specific essential oils and how they can be used or would like to join me and thousands of oil users in a private online Facebook community called The Lemon Drop Lounge, please leave me a comment or send me an email.





0 comments :